The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is the agency responsible for processing driving licences, vehicle-related procedures and related processes in the state of Oregon. If you are a new resident in Oregon , you will need to be aware of some of the processes and procedures necessary to get your vehicle documentation in order, as well as the driver’s own.
You can make an appointment with the Oregon DMV online, over the phone, or in person at an office near you.
Is it possible to renew my Oregon driver’s license online?
- Go to the DMV2U website: https://dmv2u.oregon.gov/
- Enter your Driver License/ID Card number.
- Enter your date of birth and last name.
- Confirm your contact and address information and make any needed updates.
- Submit your payment online using a credit card or debit card.
- Print your temporary license, which is valid for up to 45 days until your new license arrives in the mail.
You’re eligible to renew your Oregon driver’s license online if:
• Your license expired within the last 2 years
• You do not need a REAL ID license (enhanced for airport security)
• You do not need to change or correct any information (name, address, etc.) on your license
• You have not failed an eye exam or road test
• You owe no fees from previous license suspensions, citations or fines
If you do not qualify to renew online, you will still need to visit an Oregon DMV office to renew your license in person.
- Present your current Oregon driver’s license or identification.
- Successfully pass the relevant DEQ emissions tests.
- Complete the 735-1400 form.
- Submit your renewal details through one of these options:
- Filling out the Application for Registration, Renewal, Replacement, or Transfer of Plates and/or Stickers (Form 735-268).
- Using your renewal notice.
- Make payment for your renewal fees and taxes based on your vehicle type:
- Passenger vehicles: $112
- Motorcycles: $78
- Hybrid/electric vehicles: $78
- Additional fee for Multnomah County: $19 per year
- Upon completing these steps, you will receive your plate sticker and registration
How do I book a Oregon DMV appointment?
- Contact the Oregon DMV at https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/.
- Choose from online services, driver’s license/ID, vehicle registration, or schedule an appointment.
- You can make an appointment, take a test, renew your driving licence or ID, request a duplicate, modification or payment.
- You can also check opening hours and access phone numbers.
- At some Oregon DMV offices appointments will be available in person, at others via telephone services.
The Oregon DMV has an appointment system for certain required in-person transactions that cannot be made online, by phone, or by mail.
Step-by-Step Guide to Oregon DMV Appointments
- Going to the DMV. Always make an appointment before you go to the DMV. You can make an appointment on the DMV website, by calling 1-(800)-777-0133, or by using the DMV NOW app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Fill out a DL Form 44. This is the same form that all Oregon driver’s license applicants use. Please do not enter any false information on this form. If you do not have the requested information, such as a valid social security number, leave this section blank. Provide all information requested.
- Pay the $33 application fee. Pay this money directly to the DMV while you are in the office. This is the only fee for the driving licence.
- Verify your identity and Oregon residency. For more information about verifying your identity and residency in Oregon , visit our FAQ page.
- Provide your fingerprints. Remember: DMV will not open an investigation into your immigration status. If you are already being investigated by
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), talk to a reputable attorney before applying for an AB 60 driving licence.
- Take a photo.
- Go through an eye exam. If you need glasses or contact lenses to see clearly, you must wear them while driving.
- Pass a written test. To help you pass the written test, take our free online course (currently only available in Spanish) and our free printable practice tests.
- Get your driving licence. An instructor’s license ONLY allows you to drive a vehicle IF the passenger seat is occupied by a person 18 years of age or older with a valid Oregon driving licence. If you already have a driving licence, you can practice driving with a licensed adult driver until you feel confident to take and pass the driving test.
Is DMV in Oregon taking walk-ins?
The Oregon DMV will expand its Customer Service Center to include both appointments and walk-ins Monday through Friday. Here’s what you can expect before your next visit: Appointments and walk-ins will be available Monday through Friday, please check in advance by calling the Customer Service number to speak with a representative.
Best times to make an appointment with the Oregon DMV
Here are some tips on the best times to visit the Oregon DMV.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- Wait times are usually shorter in the middle of the week than on Mondays and Fridays.
- The Oregon DMV office begins its lunch break around noon, leaving fewer employees. If possible, try to avoid the lunch hour.
- Make sure you have enough time to complete your paperwork, especially if you are getting your license or taking your driving test.
What to do at the Oregon DMV
The Oregon DMV is increasingly offering online services, so you can get things done without having to make an appointment at a physical office. You can renew your vehicle registration, change your driving licence, and much more online.
Here are some of the services you can perform at the Oregon DMV from online appointments.
Real ID in Oregon
Under the Real ID Act of 2005, each state has minimum security standards for the issuance and production of driver’s licenses and identification cards.
As of May 3, 2023, everyone will be required to carry a REAL ID card to enter certain federal buildings, access nuclear facilities, and board commercial flights within the United States.
REAL ID card requirements in Oregon
- To obtain a REAL ID card in Oregon , you can renew your driving licence or ID card online to obtain a new REAL ID card.
- If you have not previously obtained a Oregon driving licence or ID card, go to a Oregon DMV office.
- To apply for a REAL ID card, you will need to present an identification document that includes your date of birth and your real full name (Passport, birth certificate, address card, receipt).
- Make an appointment at a DMV service centre to obtain a Oregon REAL ID card.
Steps to obtain a genuine identity document
- Gather the documents you will need to apply for a REAL ID.
- Complete the online application and upload your documents.
- Make sure you have saved the confirmation code.
- Go to a DMV office, keeping in mind the estimated capacity.
- Take the application confirmation code with you and process your REAL ID in Oregon .
What to bring to your appointment at the Oregon DMV
If you are applying for a Oregon driving licence or a Oregon traveler’s permit (REAL ID equivalent to a driver’s license or identification card), you will need to bring some documents to your Oregon DMV appointment. If you bring all of your documents, the visit will be quicker and less hassle. Documents include:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence, such as a passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of your Social Security number, such as a Social Security card or W-2 form.
- Two documents proving your residency in Oregon , such as a utility bill or a lease.
All documents must be originals and must be stamped if necessary. If you have already submitted some documents when you apply for an appointment online, you will need to bring primarily an ID or a driver’s licence, depending on the procedure you are performing.
Oregon DMV Appointments
The Oregon DMV has an online appointment system that makes it easy to schedule appointments for many services. Making an appointment at a DMV office is a good way to reduce waiting time: Oregon DMV Appointment.
DMV Oregon Driver’s License
Identification (ID) cards, like driving licences, are used to prove your identity or age, but they do not allow you to operate a motor vehicle.
To apply for an ID card, you must first fill out a driver license (DL) or ID card application and/or go to a DMV office to provide all the necessary documents and information.
Can I go to the DMV without an appointment Oregon ?
The Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles stated Monday that beginning March 2, all 75 of its service locations will accept appointments and walk-ins. According to the department, walk-ins will be accepted on Saturdays.
What do I need to bring to my DMV appointment Oregon ?
Valid Oregon driver’s license, recent utility bills, mortgage statement, or rental lease agreements with current residential street address rather than a P.O. Box. Sensitive financial information can be redacted (blacked out/whited out).
Can I make an appointment at the DMV?
At some DMV offices, you can make a reservation. Make sure you have everything you need to attend the DMV before making a reservation. We may not be able to assist you with your transaction if you do not have the relevant documentation. All available spaces are full while the reservation system indicates no reservations.
Can I register my car online in Oregon ?
Your vehicle registration can be renewed online, over the phone, or by mail. Whenever you operate the vehicle, keep the registration card with you. Two license plates, two decals with the expiration date, and a registration card will be issued by the DMV.
How do I cancel my Oregon DMV appointment?
If you have any questions, DMV officials suggest calling their customer service department at (804) 497-7100.
DMV Appointments Online
Oregon DMV Offices
- Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
- 120 State Street
- Montpelier, VT 05603-0001
- DMV hours Vermont appointments: Monday through Friday from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm.
- Email: email
- Phone: 82828-2000
- Toll-free number: 888 99-VERMONT (888998-3766)
Can I make an appointment at the Oregon DMV?
Appointments for in-person visits are now available; you can make an appointment using our online tool.
Do I need an appointment to go to the Oregon DMV?
Only in-person appointments for vehicle registration are currently unavailable, but you can finish your transaction online or by mail. For further information, see Renewing Options. On weekends and statewide holidays, all DMV offices are closed.
How do I make an appointment at Oregon local DMV?
Oregon dmv appointments can also be scheduled by phoning the DMV’s automated call service at (800) 777-0133, which is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How do I make an appointment to renew my drivers license in Oregon?
You can make an appointment with the DMV by contacting 503-945-5000, or you can go to a Class C Testing Business to take the test.
Can I make an appointment at the DMV?
Online appointments are available for the following services: North Carolina REAL ID. License extension. duplicate/replacement driver’s license
Do I need an appointment to renew my drivers license in Oregon?
You must make an appointment and come into the office to change from a normal driver license or ID card to a Real ID-compliant credential. The same goes for adding a motorcycle or agricultural endorsement, adding a veteran designation, renewing a limited-term credential, or renewing in other unusual circumstances.
How do I contact Oregon DMV?
Is the Oregon DMV taking walk ins?
The DMV has expanded its appointment schedule and is now accepting walk-ins. Customers must wear masks in the offices and during driving tests, despite the fact that there are no capacity restrictions.
Is the DMV open in Oregon?
For all types of transactions, DMV offices are open to the public. Although appointments are no longer required, they do guarantee that you will be served that day and will be given preference over walk-ins. Customers are encouraged to do what they can online or by mail.
How do I renew my ID in Oregon?
For standby service, make an appointment or go to a DMV office. Show proof of physical residence and identity (you must bring additional documents if you want a Real ID); Pay the renewal charge of $40.50, or $70.50 for a Real ID. Have your photo taken.
What do I need to renew my license in Oregon?
- Valid driver’s license or state identification card.
- Proof of (1) your full legal name (2) your legal presence in the United States (3) your identity (4) your birth date (5) your Oregon residency
- Form 735-173 – Application for Driving Privileges or an ID Card
- Number of Social Security (SSN).
How do I cancel an appointment at the Oregon DMV?
To cancel your appointment, please utilize the online scheduling tool. If you have any problems using the online tool, please contact our DMV customer care line at 503-945-5000 in Salem or 503-299-9999 in the Portland region.
How do I talk to someone at Oregon DMV?
Bend can be reached at 541-388-6322 for general information. Medford – 541-776-6025541-776-6025.