The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is the agency responsible for processing driving licences, vehicle-related procedures and related processes in the state of Oklahoma. If you are a new resident in Oklahoma , you will need to be aware of some of the processes and procedures necessary to get your vehicle documentation in order, as well as the driver’s own.
You can make an appointment with the Oklahoma DMV online, over the phone, or in person at an office near you.
How do I book a Oklahoma DMV appointment?
- Contact the Oklahoma DMV at https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/.
- Choose from online services, driver’s license/ID, vehicle registration, or schedule an appointment.
- You can make an appointment, take a test, renew your driving licence or ID, request a duplicate, modification or payment.
- You can also check opening hours and access phone numbers.
- At some Oklahoma DMV offices appointments will be available in person, at others via telephone services.
The Oklahoma DMV has an appointment system for certain required in-person transactions that cannot be made online, by phone, or by mail.
Step-by-Step Guide to Oklahoma DMV Appointments
- Going to the DMV. Always make an appointment before you go to the DMV. You can make an appointment on the DMV website, by calling 1-(800)-777-0133, or by using the DMV NOW app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Fill out a DL Form 44. This is the same form that all Oklahoma driver’s license applicants use. Please do not enter any false information on this form. If you do not have the requested information, such as a valid social security number, leave this section blank. Provide all information requested.
- Pay the $33 application fee. Pay this money directly to the DMV while you are in the office. This is the only fee for the driving licence.
- Verify your identity and Oklahoma residency. For more information about verifying your identity and residency in Oklahoma , visit our FAQ page.
- Provide your fingerprints. Remember: DMV will not open an investigation into your immigration status. If you are already being investigated by
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), talk to a reputable attorney before applying for an AB 60 driving licence.
- Take a photo.
- Go through an eye exam. If you need glasses or contact lenses to see clearly, you must wear them while driving.
- Pass a written test. To help you pass the written test, take our free online course (currently only available in Spanish) and our free printable practice tests.
- Get your driving licence. An instructor’s license ONLY allows you to drive a vehicle IF the passenger seat is occupied by a person 18 years of age or older with a valid Oklahoma driving licence. If you already have a driving licence, you can practice driving with a licensed adult driver until you feel confident to take and pass the driving test.
Is DMV in Oklahoma taking walk-ins?
The Oklahoma DMV will expand its Customer Service Center to include both appointments and walk-ins Monday through Friday. Here’s what you can expect before your next visit: Appointments and walk-ins will be available Monday through Friday, please check in advance by calling the Customer Service number to speak with a representative.
Best times to make an appointment with the Oklahoma DMV
Here are some tips on the best times to visit the Oklahoma DMV.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- Wait times are usually shorter in the middle of the week than on Mondays and Fridays.
- The Oklahoma DMV office begins its lunch break around noon, leaving fewer employees. If possible, try to avoid the lunch hour.
- Make sure you have enough time to complete your paperwork, especially if you are getting your license or taking your driving test.
What to do at the Oklahoma DMV
The Oklahoma DMV is increasingly offering online services, so you can get things done without having to make an appointment at a physical office. You can renew your vehicle registration, change your driving licence, and much more online.
Here are some of the services you can perform at the Oklahoma DMV from online appointments.
Real ID in Oklahoma
Under the Real ID Act of 2005, each state has minimum security standards for the issuance and production of driver’s licenses and identification cards.
As of May 3, 2023, everyone will be required to carry a REAL ID card to enter certain federal buildings, access nuclear facilities, and board commercial flights within the United States.
REAL ID card requirements in Oklahoma
- To obtain a REAL ID card in Oklahoma , you can renew your driving licence or ID card online to obtain a new REAL ID card.
- If you have not previously obtained a Oklahoma driving licence or ID card, go to a Oklahoma DMV office.
- To apply for a REAL ID card, you will need to present an identification document that includes your date of birth and your real full name (Passport, birth certificate, address card, receipt).
- Make an appointment at a DMV service centre to obtain a Oklahoma REAL ID card.
Steps to obtain a genuine identity document
- Gather the documents you will need to apply for a REAL ID.
- Complete the online application and upload your documents.
- Make sure you have saved the confirmation code.
- Go to a DMV office, keeping in mind the estimated capacity.
- Take the application confirmation code with you and process your REAL ID in Oklahoma .
What to bring to your appointment at the Oklahoma DMV
If you are applying for a Oklahoma driving licence or a Oklahoma traveler’s permit (REAL ID equivalent to a driver’s license or identification card), you will need to bring some documents to your Oklahoma DMV appointment. If you bring all of your documents, the visit will be quicker and less hassle. Documents include:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence, such as a passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of your Social Security number, such as a Social Security card or W-2 form.
- Two documents proving your residency in Oklahoma , such as a utility bill or a lease.
All documents must be originals and must be stamped if necessary. If you have already submitted some documents when you apply for an appointment online, you will need to bring primarily an ID or a driver’s licence, depending on the procedure you are performing.
Oklahoma DMV Appointments
The Oklahoma DMV has an online appointment system that makes it easy to schedule appointments for many services. Making an appointment at a DMV office is a good way to reduce waiting time: Oklahoma DMV Appointment.
DMV Oklahoma Driver’s License
Identification (ID) cards, like driving licences, are used to prove your identity or age, but they do not allow you to operate a motor vehicle.
To apply for an ID card, you must first fill out a driver license (DL) or ID card application and/or go to a DMV office to provide all the necessary documents and information.
Can I go to the DMV without an appointment Oklahoma ?
The Oklahoma Department of Motor Vehicles stated Monday that beginning March 2, all 75 of its service locations will accept appointments and walk-ins. According to the department, walk-ins will be accepted on Saturdays.
What do I need to bring to my DMV appointment Oklahoma ?
Valid Oklahoma driver’s license, recent utility bills, mortgage statement, or rental lease agreements with current residential street address rather than a P.O. Box. Sensitive financial information can be redacted (blacked out/whited out).
Can I make an appointment at the DMV?
At some DMV offices, you can make a reservation. Make sure you have everything you need to attend the DMV before making a reservation. We may not be able to assist you with your transaction if you do not have the relevant documentation. All available spaces are full while the reservation system indicates no reservations.
Can I register my car online in Oklahoma ?
Your vehicle registration can be renewed online, over the phone, or by mail. Whenever you operate the vehicle, keep the registration card with you. Two license plates, two decals with the expiration date, and a registration card will be issued by the DMV.
How do I cancel my Oklahoma DMV appointment?
If you have any questions, DMV officials suggest calling their customer service department at (804) 497-7100.
DMV Appointments Online
Oklahoma DMV Offices
- Oklahoma Department of Public Safety
- 3600 North Martin Luther King Avenue
- Oklahoma City, OK 73111
How do I make an appointment at the Oklahoma DMV?
Visit https://apps.ok.gov/dps/exam/scheduler/index.uii to schedule an appointment. If you have any problems booking an appointment online, please contact 405-425-2020.
Do I need an appointment for the DMV in Oklahoma?
DMV Oklahoma is expanding its online services to allow you to do tasks without needing to make an appointment at a physical location. You can use the internet to renew your vehicle registration, update your driver’s license, and more.
Do I need an appointment to renew my Oklahoma driver’s license?
Please note that the following services can be conducted without making an appointment before making one: Click Here to alter the address on your non-CDL license/ID card (for free). Renewal or replacement of non-CDL licenses is possible at any tag agency.
Can you do walk ins at the DMV in Oklahoma?
If you do need to visit an Oklahoma DMV, here are three suggestions: Please schedule an appointment. It takes a lengthy time for walk-in appointments. You can receive assistance with an Oklahoma DMV appointment here, or check the Oklahoma DMV website.
Do I need an appointment to get a REAL ID in Oklahoma?
Reservations are necessary. At your REAL ID appointment, you must bring certain documents. Please see the checklist below for a list of authorized papers. You’ll need to show proof of your identity and legal status in the United States.
What do I need to renew my drivers license in Oklahoma?
- Visit a Tag representative. If your license has been expired for more than a year, you must produce a valid birth certificate.
- One primary and one secondary identity document are required.
- Have your photograph taken.
- Pay your fees.
- Get your new driver’s license.
Can I renew my driver’s license online in Oklahoma?
Customers can apply online by going to www.dps.ok.gov and selecting «online services.» They can also go to my.ok.gov for a link. Customers will need to register with my.ok.gov. The customer’s prior renewal must have been done in person in order to use this service.
How do I register my vehicle in Oklahoma?
Residents of Oklahoma must title and register their vehicles in person at their local Oklahoma Tax Commission tag agent office. Residents of Oklahoma must give the following information in order to register a vehicle: A completed Oklahoma Certificate of Title Application for a Vehicle (Form 701-6).
Can I take my permit test online in Oklahoma?
Unfortunately, the written knowledge test is not available online in Oklahoma. The test must be taken at a driver exam location. The test will have 25 multiple-choice questions, and you must answer 20 of them correctly (80%) to pass and be able to take the skills test.
Where do I go to get a REAL ID in Oklahoma?
To apply for a REAL ID for the first time, you must go to a DPS office or a TAG agency in person. You’ll need to produce proof of your identification and residency in Oklahoma. To learn more about the documentation you’ll need to bring to your appointment, go to ServiceOK Real ID Checklist.
What do you need to get a replacement ID in Oklahoma?
- The number on your driver’s license.
- The type or classification of your driver’s license.
- Your whole name.
- The year you were born.
- Your postal code and address.
- Your Social Security Number is a number that is used to identify you.
- The duplicate license fee is paid.
What is a Class D license in Oklahoma?
As a teen, the first-time drivers license you will be applying for is a Class D Oklahoma drivers license. This type of license allows you to drive an automobile or passenger truck. For teens under the age of 18, they will be earning what’s called a graduated Oklahoma drivers license.
Is there a grace period for expired drivers license in Oklahoma?
«Oklahoma gives drivers a 60-day grace period after their licenses expire to renew them,» says the answer. If you wait more than two years to renew your driver’s license, you’ll have to start again with a fresh application and take the required tests.
How much does it cost to renew driver’s license in Oklahoma?
Two kinds of identification, along with the completed form and a $38.50 renewal fee, must be mailed in. There is a $33.50 cost for ordinary renewals in person. After the license expires, you can renew it for another two years.
How much is a REAL ID Oklahoma?
REAL IDs will replace present driver’s licenses and are federally compatible. Oklahoma will charge $43.50 for a new REAL ID.
How long does it take to get Oklahoma drivers license in mail?
After your information is processed, you will obtain a document that will serve as a stand-in for your Real ID until it arrives in the mail. It should take roughly two weeks to complete.
How do I schedule a REAL ID appointment in Oklahoma?
Visit REALID.ok.gov, call (405) 521-1151, or contact Support@ClassenTag.com.
- Proof of identity and legal presence in the United States (matching current name).
- Knowing your Social Security number is essential.
- Two (2) proofs of your current Oklahoma address are required.
How do I contact DPS in Oklahoma?
If you receive a phone call claiming to have information about your driver license or driving privileges, you should notify the Department at (405) 425-2098 or (405) 425-2059 for your protection.
Where do I go to get a new driver’s license in Oklahoma?
To apply for your REAL ID, go to your nearest DPS facility or tag agent, and you will be given a temporary paper ID. In 5-7 business days, you will have your REAL ID. There is no background check and the submitted documents are only checked for authenticity.